Wrong forum Wireless alarms - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemo_Sabe

we live in a fairly standard 3-bed house in Dublin and 'inherited' an old wired alarm system from the previous owners. I suspect they installed it themselves as the wiring is all over the place (quite visible and ugly\intrusive). The alarm system has never worked properly and we have basically been operating without it for the last two years - not very clever I know. From doing some research on the net, it would appear that this system is pretty much antiquated.

Anyway, I've now decided to bite the bullet and buy a new alarm system. Would prefer wireless from an aesthetic point of view. Ideally, I'd want the front\back doors to be alarmed and also the windows. I'd also like to receive texts when the alarm goes off when we are not in the house. I'd prefer no external monitoring. Ideally, it should be a system that we can maintain ourselves in terms of changing batteries etc.

Can anyone tell me:

the names of good suppliers\installers in the Dublin area?
a rough figure of how much a new wireless system would cost (have a figure in my head of about ~€1k)?
any considerations I should take into account when buying a new wireless system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back