winter holiday on a buget

narky

hey
me and other half have 2 weeks hols to take at end of march. were going to go to egypt but the hotel we wanted not available. we have about 1600 for flights and accommodation (altogether). the pain is that i'm mad for the sun and we just want to chill out after a very stressful 12 months. unfortunately these are the only dates we can take off and every where sunny is further and therefore more expensive. any body got any good tips on cheap villas or anything/
sorry if this is a bit vague but we want something nice. all we can think of is lanzarote

Tunisia, Morocco, Mombasa beach in Kenya, seychelles, loads of lovely hot places for yr wads than lanzarote!!

Re: winter holiday on a budget

unfortunately as i said we're on a budget. would love to go further afield but only lanzarote is turning up for 1600 between us. boooo.

anybody got any ideas on special offers or discount sites?
has anyone here ever gone further for that money

I'm a bit of a demon for a bargain - what dates are you looking to travel and from which airport - also are you looking for s/c, 1/2 borad, full board or all inclusive? Give me some more info and I'll have a trawl thru the web for you

wow cheers,
we hope to fly out the sunday 18th march or afternoon of the 17th and back 2 weeks later. anything will do accommodation wise as long as its nice and very very near a beach!!!

thanks again

Just been mooching, check out
Morocco, 2 wks from €619 - €759 depending on whether yr looking for B+B or 1/2 board. Still looking....

Just found 2 weeks in Tunisia for €439 each, departing 17/03/2007 - if you p/m me yr email address I can email you the page and you can ring them then, if you wish.

Tunisia, Morocco, Mombasa beach in Kenya, seychelles, loads of lovely hot places for yr wads than lanzarote!!

I would be very interested to know how a couple can get to Kenya or the Seychelles for €1600 for two weeks or even one week. Having been to both Tunisia and Morocco I would recommend Lanzerote everytime. The OP justs wants to chill in the sun for 2 weeks and stay in nice accomodation. Just my two cents!

thanks for all your help aca. i don't know why but i've always been a bit dodge about tunisia and morocco. have had friends go to both and they hated them. i was just being over optimistic in thinkin i was gonna get something far away

Aca - can you have a look for me?
I'm never able to bag a bargain and pay way over the odds.:(
If you have the time - 2 adults, 2 children, the end of May. Second child will still be under two on return flight. Would be interested in Lanzorote, Tenerife or the Algarve. Flying from Cork.
Anything i've looked up, i've been quoted in and around €2,000.
You'd be doing a stressed housewife a huge help!:)

You could try using [broken link removed] which allows you to search from any airports
Also keep in mind flying from london/uk as the choices can be more exotic
Limmasol with libra holidays coming up as 219 GBP flying on the 17th

they also have flights to cuba and kenya with first choice for about 250 GBP
Return flights to Gatwick to connect with these flights are about 70 euro
I flew to egypt last year from gatwick when i couldnt get a flight from ireland.
Arranged accommodation as i went.
Also look at http://www.charterflights.co.uk/ for flights

Last edited:
Back