windows service call

Attica

I got a call this morning purporting to be from Windows Service dept. saying that my PC has been sending messages to them. I asked if it was a virus but they said no and asked me to turn on my PC. I said I'd call them back.

The only problem I've had with the PC is that Norton doesn't always fix when I ask it to scan and I have to get a quick fix on it and then it works.

Has anyone else had calls from Windows Service dept? I'm very reluctant to ring them.

Have had that call three times!. Politely thanked them for the call, but basically told them to 'Foxtrot Oscar'.

Darth.

100% scam.

Also, Norton is total rubbish. Get rid oif it and use one of the free anti-virus packages like AVG or Avast.

2 calls in two days from them but when i answer, they hang up?? I put the number into google to find out who it was!

I have had Norton for years and cannot understand why people say it is rubbish, no antivirus is 100%, but Norton comes out well in independent test. As regards scams, it is up to yourself to keeps your wits about you, no software can do this for scams

Back