Windows in a boundary wall

M

Markcraig

One wall of my house faces a big empty site. I have got from the council a "permitted development" permission to install six windows into the wall facing the site. This wall is on a boundary of the empty site.

The owners of the site are applying for planning permission to develop the site including building a property next to mine that would block my proposed windows.

The owners of the site say that if I install the windows they will brick them up.

Does anybody know if the developers can actually go ahead with this threat?

Many thanks

Mark

One wall of my house faces a big empty site. I have got from the council a "permitted development" permission to install six windows into the wall facing the site. This wall is on a boundary of the empty site.

The owners of the site are applying for planning permission to develop the site including building a property next to mine that would block my proposed windows.

The owners of the site say that if I install the windows they will brick them up.

Does anybody know if the developers can actually go ahead with this threat?

Many thanks

Mark

Someone didn't look at your plans very well in the planning department. Do you mean you got an exempted development letter? I think it means nothing that you have planning and will have to work with the neighbour.

In any event look up the Bord Pleanala case of a guy in Wicklow who had windows facing a field who had to brick them up. I think in that case he wasn’t even quite on the boundary.

.....The owners of the site say that if I install the windows they will brick them up......Mark
I actually saw a case of this in my neighbourhood last year when neighbour X bricked up the windows of neighbour Y's building (on the boundary) where windows overlooking X's front garden had been installed by Y. The local council had been consulted and had said that Y had to brick them up but Y had not done it, so disgruntled X took matters into his own hands. There was an argument about it afterwards but the bricks stayed.....:)

Back