Windows 7 beta - need to upgrade to proper version?

pcocp

A couple of months ago, I upgraded my laptop to windows 7 beta, the trial version, and it has been running fine and I am quite happy with it.

Now that Windows 7 has been officially launched, I assume this beta version will expire at some point in the near future, and I will have to upgrade to an official version, i.e. pay for it.

So how do I go about this, will I have to go through another complete install of windows 7, or will it just involve making the copy I have on the laptop already, official?

Thanks,
PCOCP.

A couple of months ago, I upgraded my laptop to windows 7 beta, the trial version, and it has been running fine and I am quite happy with it.

Now that Windows 7 has been officially launched, I assume this beta version will expire at some point in the near future, and I will have to upgrade to an official version, i.e. pay for it.

So how do I go about this, will I have to go through another complete install of windows 7, or will it just involve making the copy I have on the laptop already, official?

Thanks,
PCOCP.

RTM version is different from the Beta version you have installed. You will have to re-install with the proper version once you get it.

How much would we be expected to pay for the upgrade??
*sorry to jump on post but I'm interested too*

Back