window stains

justin

hello all,i`ve a problem wit my new black pvc windows.there is stains on some of windows due to cement/plaster.i left the foil on where possible but some of windows are still marked.the windows are wood grain effect so its the little grooves that are problem.
tried vinegar but only good for the glass,the window guy gave us some stuff but stil no joy.any solutions greatly appreciated

It is very hard to get black woodgrain frames 100% a light solution of brick acid (available from most hardware stores) and lots of very painstaking time with razor blade and light green pad.

Even after a lot of effort they wont look perfect, but they do improve as they weather.

A trick to get them looking right is to apply a light coating of baby oil with a sponge after you have cleaned them but be careful if you have pourous stone on your facade or window cills like limestone as the baby oil will stain permanently if you get it on there.

You could always try getting in an experienced window cleaner but be warned they wont be able to get them 100% either. I know from bitter experience.

i`ve tried the stanley blade but would rather not use in case of damage to the frame.is it possible to actually rub off the black coating as i`ve a very sore arm from cleaning!!getting very frustrated as i cannot see any progress.

Back