Will we get a mortgage

pigeon

Myself and my husband have planning permission on a site worth €135,000. We have a gross annual income of €43,000 and want to borrow €200,000. The end value of the house will be about €320,000 - €350,000. We have no loans or dependents and are currently living with parents. Hes in a permanent job 6months and I am 18 months. Before that he did a bit of contract work in the same industry and a 9 month college course. We moved here from england in May 2004 having lived at a fixed address over there where he was in a permanent job for 7years. We have no savings but have paid off a credit card bill over the past 6 months showing we can afford to pay out €1000 per month. Will we find it difficult/easy to get a mortgage.

pigeon said:
. Will we find it difficult/easy to get a mortgage.

Go on to any bank website and they will have a mortgage calc you can use to determine how much they will give you. try [broken link removed] as an example.

Hi Pigeon, I can't say if you would be eligible but I would say if you go personally to the banks, my experience is that they offer more than what the online mortgage calculaters would offer. Also, do not be dismayed when one bank says you are not eligible. I tried AIB and they would not give me 200K, I then tried EBS who said the would give me 300K+ ! So the message is try them all !
Darragh.

baased on the income details you supplied, no other commitments, and presumably a good repayment history on any previous borrowings yes you will qualify

must agree with above poster, the online calculators are not a very good indicating of how much you qualify for, you will nearly in all cases qualify for higher if you direct to the lender.

Back