Will drivers license theory test disc play on a US bought lap top?

beffers

Will the disc that is on sale in book shops to help you prep for your Irish drivers license theory test play on a USA bought lap top? The blurb on the back says that it will play on PC's using Windows XP, Vista which I have. However, as regular DVD's have different formats for different countries, a movie bought in Ireland won't play on a US DVD player and vice versa. I don't know if the drivers license disc thingy is of the same kind as a movie, but I don't want to pony up the 22 quid for it only to find that it won't play on my 'puter. Thanks.

If the dvd is region 1 or even 0 then you should be fine, but if Region 2 (Europe) your outa luck.

Should be marked on back of case.

I used this earlier this year... Driver theory test is an interactive CD with questions and answers. There is no region lock. Hope this helps.

What is a region lock? Is that what regular DVD's have to stop them from working in different parts of the world? I want to get the disc instead of the booklet, as as burmo pointed out, it has an interactive question and answer feature that the booklet doesn't have.

Thanks for that. Just found out that the local library have them for loan, both the theory test CD and the drivers test itself CD. Just saved my self over 40 quid. Score !

Back