Will Dealers drop Used Car prices on 1 Jan?

Manuel

Two questions please:

1. If I note the current prices on forecourts (which I am doing), should I expect them all to drop in January? I know it's a stupid question but what is people's experence? If I were a Dealer, I might consider that most of the people coming fresh on my lot in January weren't looking at prices last year, so I might just hold on to m '09 price for a while at least.

2. A lot of cars according to MyWheels.ie haven't been taxed since early '09 or even '08! Do Dealers not need to tax cars even if they'e going to be using them for their business?? Or are they just cutting corners like the rest of us?

Thanks.

Im wondering the same thing myself, also with some of the dealers going bust and liquidation sales in the offing, will the 2nd hand market HAVE to drop prices to cope with the market being flooded with liquidated vehicles?

Example, on/near the Belgard Road there used to be Belgard Motors, Windsor Motors and EP Mooneys, both Belgard Motors and EP Mooneys have gone bust, there is a liquidation sale planned for Jan for EP Mooney - does this mean that Windsor will be forced to drop prices?

I was looking around a month ago and decided to wait on the advice of my FIL.

2. A lot of cars according to MyWheels.ie haven't been taxed since early '09 or even '08! Do Dealers not need to tax cars even if they'e going to be using them for their business?? Or are they just cutting corners like the rest of us? ...
Dealers do not need to register cars in their names - if the cars don't move off their private property they do not need road-tax.

Proposed scrappage deal this afternoon to boost car sales. Not sure how that may affect things/prices.

Back