Wife wants to stay at home and mind kids

safety1st.co

my wife wants to stay at home and mind both our kids. at present she jobshares but would love to leave and look after the kids who are 4 and 2 and both will be going school/montessori this year. if she was to leave her job even on a career break, would she be entilted to claim anything from the state.

Hi Safety,

Quick answer is no, but you could claim her tax credits etc if she is not working...ther is a homemarkers scheme she can sign up to, but as far as money is involved the state won't give you anything extra, offcourse this is open to correction

Chris

No if she left on a career break, unless she tries to return to work, and there is no vacancy for her to come back to.

If she resigned, she might be able to claim jobseekers benefit, but I think there is a waiting period if you voluntarily resign. Someone else, or the Social Welfare website might be able to provide more assistance.

You might be able to claim Family Income Supplement, depending on your income.

If she resigned, she might be able to claim jobseekers benefit, but I think there is a waiting period if you voluntarily resign. Someone else, or the Social Welfare website might be able to provide more assistance.

As she has children to mind, she will not be available and looking for work, so will not be entitled to JB.

If she works in the civil service , they may have a scheme to enable workers to go on a career break , and get some payment while they are out. I think she would have to take 3 years minimum. I read about it somewhere
Rgds
Billo

If it is the civil service you have to take 3 years career break for which you get a percenage payment of what you income would have been (up to a maximum of 12,500 or 14.500 - not sure which one i is). Think the banks also have somethin similar

Back