Why join the AA?

As an AA member I phoned them when I had a puncture and told them I had changed the wheel. I thought they might come and collect the punctured one and return it to me. Not so.
Later with Hibernian Insurance I had similar cover and when my car would not start at home they came out, took it to my local garage where the fuel pump was replaced. No charge.
Guess who I am staying with!

I have been with the AA a number of years and only required their service once. Broke down out in the middle of nowhere at 3 in the morning; Rang them and gave them the co-ordinates from my Sat Nav and there were there within 30 minutes. They towed the car to the nearest garage which was about 30 miles away where a new fuel pump was required.

One thing that I noticed was (I wouln't know much about car mechanics) that they went through a type of mental checklist to eliminate all potential problems and discovered that the fuel pump was the problem. They just didn't say that it wasn't repairable and tow it away.

Does anybody have any experience of the Quinn Direct breakdown service?

I'm considering chucking my AA membership and wonder if there's any reason not to.

Back