why does car dealer not want me to have vlc

rania

bought car 2 weeks ago,still no vlc in mu name,rang shannon and its not done.rang dealer and its in his office grrr.
rang motor tax people and they said to get it from him and bring it in and they will do change ownership and tax there for me.rang him back to say i would be getting it and he did not want me to,something abiyt last owners being liable for tax they did not bother paying,tax office said i will only have to pay from when i bought it.i am really annoyed,when we bought car we were not told no spare key and the spare costs 260euro.

You are only liable for tax from the date you bought the car, there is no reason for dealer to hold onto it. Call down to the dealer and demand the form

if there are any probs the garage will fix it.that was deal and have 3 mth warranty

The NCT can be renewed 3 months before its due. If a garage was selling a car and did not take the opportunity to NCT it, when it could, I think somethings wrong. NCT certs now show the mileage at test, so maybe car is clocked by the garage and this may verified by current NCT cert.
I would get the warranty detailed on headed paper and signed.

Back