Why do we still have "The Angelus" on RTE?

If it's not too complex, could you please explain?

The above is what I have been told by social welfare, I searched the internet and all I can find is:

[broken link removed]

Under arrangements made in 1974, [325] certain classes of ministers of religion or other members of religious communities can be brought into the social insurance system where a representative body requests that their exclusion is unreasonable having regard to other similar occupations and the Minister is satisfied that this is the case. On foot of this provision ministers of the Church of Ireland were brought into social insurance at the class E rate of PRSI contribution in respect of their pastoral employment and are accordingly covered for all social insurance benefits, with the exception of unemployment and occupational injuries benefits. No other group of clergy or religious has made representations since 1974 for inclusion in the social insurance system.
Under the new extended social insurance system for the self-employed as provided for in the Social Welfare Bill, 1988, clergy and other religious who have income which is assessable to income tax will become compulsorily insured for old age and widow's and orphan's pensions and will be liable for the payment of self-employment contributions on such income. It would, therefore, be clearly anomalous to continue to exclude those clergy and religious who are employees from compulsory social insurance i.e., religious employed in schools, universities, hospitals, etc. These regulations now provide for their inclusion in the social insurance system in the same way as other employees. This is in line with the recommendations of the Commission on Social Welfare in the matter.

Which basically translates into they have a job for life, so no need to pay as much PRSI. Also looks af if I was wrong about priests on class A. Need to get on to the Archbishops palace payroll department :)

"How does it not infer that the purpose of sex is to conceive if the use of contraception is morally wrong?
I think that its pretty clear that the churches stance on this is that the purpose of sex is for procreation."

This argument lacks logic. The position of the Church is that the use of artificial contraception is morally wrong. This does not mean that the church's stance must therefore be interpreted as being that the purpose of sex is for procreation.

But. more to the point, what does all of this have to do with the relatively simple issue of whether the Angelus should be on TV?

Back