Who is (or was) the Greatest Irish Person Ever?

if there's no rules, can it be a fictional person? or even a horse?

They get in under the grandparent rule. They could all have played for Ireland if Jack was picking this team.

That rules Cascarino (you know big guy miising tooth) out he had as much Irish blood as a refugee centre has.

I had a nice piece of cheese yesterday - is it eligible...

I had a nice piece of cheese yesterday - is it eligible...

Now you're just being silly. :rolleyes: It probably wasn't even Irish. I mean, I opened a bottle of prosecco yesterday and even though I bought it in Ireland ( in Lidl though, which is not Irish so that might have it's own ramifications) I wouldn't propose that as the greatest Irish person ever! Plus it was horrible, so that's another reason right there.

Although I did buy some 'Irish spring lamb' chops. They were quite nice.

So stop dragging this thread off topic rmelly!:mad:

Now you're just being silly. :rolleyes: It probably wasn't even Irish. I mean, I opened a bottle of prosecco yesterday and even though I bought it in Ireland ( in Lidl though, which is not Irish so that might have it's own ramifications) I wouldn't propose that as the greatest Irish person ever! Plus it was horrible, so that's another reason right there.

Although I did buy some 'Irish spring lamb' chops. They were quite nice.

So stop dragging this thread off topic rmelly!:mad:

For all you know it might have been a nice piece of Irish cheddar made with quality Irish ingredients by an Irish born master cheese maker bought from a privately owned Irish retailer with Irish Euros (none of this German or Spanish or PIGS Euro muck).

Then again it might have been and Easi Single or a wedge of Laughing Cow.

I second this, and by my count, that puts Sue Ellen in the lead:D

Ok I won, thinking of closing this thread now while I'm ahead (and no that's not classed as cheating) [broken link removed]

P.S. What was the prize for coming 1st, hope its not a bottle of that cheap plonk that Vanilla bought in Lidl.

Ok I won, thinking of closing this thread now while I'm ahead (and no that's not classed as cheating) [broken link removed]

P.S. What was the prize for coming 1st, hope its not a bottle of that cheap plonk that Vanilla bought in Lidl.

I'll vote for Sue Ellen aswell but...

Before you can receive your prize you will need to prove you are Irish, we will need your passport, a household bill, your bank account number and sort code and your credit card number including the security code on the back. Then we'll lodge the prize money into you account. ;)

Since you can't vote for yourself.

I'm changing my vote to rmelly's cheese as well, so it is now 2-2.

I would suspect Sue Eellen would not be happy to lose out to a bit of rmelly cheese.

If he negotiated 32 counties I would have agreed but agreeing to 26 was a sell out.

With one sentence you've revealed yourself to be at fault for much of the countries economic woes ( ie you voted fianna fail, right?).;)

And Sue Ellen, I'd take issue with that 'cheap plonk' jibe ( except you're right on both counts...:eek:).

Doesn't count because you can't vote for yourself

I second this, and by my count, that puts Sue Ellen in the lead:D

This one is sound

I'll vote for Sue Ellen aswell but...

This is not a vote

I'll vote for Sue if I get some financial reward... payment in kind is ok too ;)

You can't bribe people to get what you want.

So by my reckoning rmelly's cheese has the prize

Back