Whirlpool oven fault

Nomad32

Hi, I have Whirlpool oven Akz511/ix.

I'm getting fault F05 and F06, it's heating up but not to full selected temperature and after a while it faults out to F05/06.

Can't find any fault manual online. Possibly have the capability of fixing it myself if can figure out what's wrong - before I go with the whirlpool call out option of many €€€€.

Any help appreciated.

Whirlpool fault codes, and suggested actions here.

What age is the machine? Were the transport bolts removed?

What age is the machine? Were the transport bolts removed?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link to the faults.

The oven was in the house when we moved it, haven't pulled it out so not sure about transport bolts being removed. Would take a guess it's about 5 yrs old.

It's a Whirlpool oven. They aren't fitted with transport bolts and the fault codes linked to seem to refer to a washing machine which would have shipping bolts fitted on delivery from the shop

Short circuit somewhere methinks..

Ah sorry, I was thinking washing machine for some reason!!! So forget about transport bolts! :oops:

More relevant link . Given the power ovens draw, if you're not 100% confident what you're doing, I'd leave checking thermal cut-offs and the likes to the pros.

If you are thinking of getting it looked at, compare the price of a new oven to that of the call-out and potential parts cost.

Thanks a million for all the replies. My husband is an electrician/electrical engineer so fairly comfortable giving fixing a go but good point about the potential costs in figuring it all out & repairing Vs a new oven.

Thanks again, ye've been very helpful.

Ah sorry, I was thinking washing machine for some reason!!! So forget about transport bolts! :oops:

More relevant link. Given the power ovens draw, if you're not 100% confident what you're doing, I'd leave checking thermal cut-offs and the likes to the pros.

If you are thinking of getting it looked at, compare the price of a new oven to that of the call-out and potential parts cost.

Back