Which tax form - Form 11 or Form 12

MonkeeMan

Hi,
Both myself and my wife are paye workers. We both pay to pensions and get VHI, i also got tax relief from the easi travel scheme.
We have 1 rental property which we started renting in 2008. THere is no special tax relief on it. I have been looking at doing my return on Form11 which is pretty confusing as I have to provide lots of information the revenue already have.
Form 12 seems a lot simpler.

My question is which form is usual for someone in our position to fill out to do tax return on a property.
Thanks

I searched for a Form 12 on www.revenue.ie and found this:

NOTE:​
Section 14 Finance Act 2005 amends the definition of a "chargeable person" for Self-Assessment purposes. An individual who is in receipt of income chargeable to tax under the PAYE system but who is also in receipt of gross non-PAYE income of
£50,000 or more from other sources, such as trading, professional or rental income etc. but where this income has been reduced to nil or to a negligible amount because of deductions, losses, allowances and other reliefs, is regarded as a 'chargeable person'.

An individual who is a 'chargeable person' for the purposes of Self-Assessment Income Tax should complete a Pay and File Income Tax Return Form 11 or Form 11E.

The Capital Gains Tax Self-Assessment system applies to all individuals, including directors.

Back