Which suits brick? PVC or Alu-clad windows?

jonnykerry

Hi all,
Just wondering on opinions regarding which would look best with a yellow buff brick exterior "cream" PVC or Alu-clad windows as the upper floor of my new house will be brick. The price for the Alu-clad is 7/8 grand dearer, but the question is which will seat better against the brick!

Any advice would be great.

You can get either in different colours the actual window material will not make any difference to its appearance. Aluclad is leagues away from pvc there is little comparison

IT comes down to preference but to me there is no comparison and if you can afford them, they are a better window in every way and it helps that you can have a natural look internaly and maintenance free externally.

Hi all,
Just wondering on opinions regarding which would look best with a yellow buff brick exterior "cream" PVC or Alu-clad windows as the upper floor of my new house will be brick. The price for the Alu-clad is 7/8 grand dearer, but the question is which will seat better against the brick!

Any advice would be great.
dark grey alu-clad imo

Low Co2,
Thanks for reply, so you think dark grey would look good with yellow buff brick and cream render on ground floor?

Low Co2,
so you think dark grey would look good with yellow buff brick and cream render on ground floor?
yes. better than
yellow buff brick exterior "cream" PVC or Alu-clad windows
but also not sure about the cream render with the yellow brick if I'm honest. can we see the drawings or colour pallet or better yet what has your architect suggested ?

Hi C02,

The Architect spec'ed Color-trend "Shell cove" for the ground floor plaster and the brick is either "Corum or Litoral yellow buff brick with white sand mortar. The drawings are calling for "White PVC" windows doe.
PM me your e-mail and I'll send on drawing

Back