Which paint manuafacuturer is best for exterior house wall paint

Passport1

Who is better manufacturer to use for exterior wall paint in terms of quality, durability, weather proofing/resistance, longevity etc

• Dulux
  • Sandtex
  • Crown
Thsanks

none of them 3, its colortrend for me,a little more expensive but it goes way further so you use alot less and save money,and its irish

And Colortrend lasts at least three times longer than the alternatives. i.e. on out main home it's lasted for 10 years without any problems

They do. I went onto their wed page and you can order a colour card. The also have a few showrooms around.

We live by the sea and have always used Dulux Weathershield without any problems. Good range of colours also.

Last year we painted the roof tiles with black [broken link removed]and the house looks like new. :)

Del girl
Was thinking of doing the same of painting roof tiles but was advised against due to paint peeling etc
As your beside the sea I presume the weather conditions would definitely test the paint in all extremes. Have you had any chipping or peeling in last year? Tiles or slates by the way ?

Tiles, it was done last May / June and no chipping or peeling at all.

We have a very good painter who made sure the roof was well prepared before he put the tile paint on. He cleaned it really well and put a primer on. It's amazing the difference it made to house, like I said, it looks like a new house.

We also had valleys and ridge tiles done with black Thompsons Roof Seal.

My neighbour had his roof painted as well after mine and he was able to get the paint directly from Fleetwood and saved quite a bit on the cost.

Back