Which paint brand?

shesells

Was in Woodies the other night and picked up colour cards. They had own brand, Dulux and Crown paints in stock. Am re-painting the master bedroom, it's currently an interesting shade of green so I plan to do a couple of coats of cheap magnolia first but eventually want a warm cream. I've used Dulux before but Crown is on special offer and I'm wondering if there's actually a huge difference?

Instead of coats of cheap magnolia I'd use a good white primer, maybe two coats. You should then be able to get away with one maybe two layers of he final paint. The white primer will make the colour paint coats much more effective and a nicer finish.
With regars to brands: I've used dulux, crown and b&q own brands with similar success so it depends on which brand has the right colour, or type (Like paint for kitchen or bathrooms or vinyl vs satin vs matt etc). Also look out for the odd 2 for 1 etc offers at woodies, home base, b&q. Could save a bit

Iv used them all, B&Q, woodies, crown, dulux, colourtrend. Results are much the same however it the look of the paint i feel you pay extra for ie colourtrend. def look for sales.

I find, after using all brands, that Colortrend is a cut above and the price is not much higher.
Previously the paints we used needed an extra coat but not Colortrend.
Good luck Browtal

Back