Which of these cars would you go for?

polo1

Hi guys just wondering if you can help. Am getting a new company car and just wondering which one to get please. Had planned to get Qashqai but have heard fairly negaitive things.

Nissan Qashqai 1.5Dci SE
Opel Insignia 2.0CDTi S 130bhp
Ford Mondeo 1.8TDCi LX 5 door
VW Jetta 1.9TDi Comfortline
VW Passat 1.9 Tdi Base
Toyota Avensis 2.0D4D Luna

My requirements are that it is comfortable, fairly "nippy" as do long journeys and that the boot is fairly spacious for golf clubs and buggies and bags.
Thanks for your opinions

My BIL has the mondeo and does alot of driving every week and loves it, massive boot.

Anyone bar the Jetta and Nissan. Nissan would be hard work for long journeys and the jetta is really golf which is ok but for long journeys not the best choice.

Passat, Mondeo & Avensis are well proven cars but the insignia is fairly highly rated although its new and I personally shy away from 1st years cars.

My pick would be the mondeo, very well proven with BMW like handling & comfort. Why dont you test drive them?

+1 for the Mondeo - great to drive and the boot is huge. I don't know anyone who has driven the Inisginia, but I'm sure it's probably quite good too.

Thanks for your replies guys. I think with the passat its only going to the basic model and therefore I might get more for my money with the Mondeo or Insignia. Might take them 3 for a drive and see what they are like.

Thanks,

Just to let you all know that I eventually ordered the Qashqai...
To me it was the nicest to drive and the best package overall...
To be honest the level of service I received from both VW and Opel dealers when looking at the cars was atrocious to say the least!! Could not believe it.. Thanks for all the advise! Brill as usual..

massive boot in the passat. whats your budget. there is quiet a differenc price wise in the cars you have listed

massive boot in the passat. whats your budget. there is quiet a differenc price wise in the cars you have listed

a bit late here ... as OP has stated:

"Just to let you all know that I eventually ordered the Qashqai...

QuashQai have become very popular. I know a guy working in a nissan garage and he said only for the quashqai he would jave lost his job

Polo1 - -how do you find the Qashqai, now that you have it for 6 months....looking at buying an 08 1.5dci for Mr.s Guzzler, she does about 12k miles a yr. She does not want a big suv and I believe the Qashqai gives her the higher view whilst still like a car, the other option is the Tuscon. This will all be mostly country driving - -i don't know anyone with one so look forward to your answer or other Qashqai users...Slán

Back