Which is the most accurate speed test?

FiveFingers

Hi,

I'm using Vodafone wireless. I need to test my speeds to confirm whether or not I can work from home.

I'm using three online speed tests: IrishISPTest, speedtest.net and broadbandireland.ie. Each of these is giving wildly different answers, e.g.

With irishisptest I got 5.55MB download and 1.63MB upload.
With speedtest.net I got 2.51MB download and 1.55MB upload.
With broadbandireland.ie I got 1.29MB download and 938kbps upload

I understand that with wireless, speeds will be variable anyway but which result above is the most reliable???

Thanks
FiveFingers

If you can at all use a wired connection to test Also check what servers these sites are testing you against Try to make sure they are all in the same geographic area and close to you I generally find www.speedtest.net to be the most reliable

I am keeping an eye on Vodafone, they told me to use speedtest.net which I regularly send a report because at about 8 to 10 o'clock on an evening it goes very slow.
There is gold star to click on for the test, I noted that sometimes it goes via Limerick and is very slow, other times it goes via Dublin, Dundalk and is a small bit faster. Vodafone do not seem to be able to answer why.
The best I get on speedtest.net is Ping 55ms Download 2.66 mb/s upload 0.36 mb/s

Back