Which is better-B&Q/Woodies/Atlantic

Agree with Pennypincher on the Challenge tile cutter, I have one as well and have used it to tile my kitchen and utility- wall and floors including cutting porcelain tiles. It's fantastic value for money and you'd be hard pressed to buy a diamond blade on its own for €50. The only thing to remember is that the cutter is not rated for continuous use- it can only be used constantly for half an hour or so and must then be switched off briefly to allow the motor to cool. But this isn't a problem for domestic/ DIY work. Also the fence is a bit rubbish really- especially for repetitive work- I use my Johnson rafter square and clamp this to the bench for quick, repetitive cuts. Ear protection is a must.

I frequently ask this question myself. It all depends on the B&Q, Atlantic Homecare, Homebase or Woodies that you go to. One woodies that I visited in Galway was terrible but the another one I went to was very effecient. Likewise with Atlantic Homecare, one outlet was well stocked & staff were very efficient whereas friends have complained about the outlet near them. Overall though I have found B&Q to be the most consistent & also very easy to navigate.

Back