Which Ice Cream Maker - Aldi or Lidl.

justsally

Question for anyone who uses an Ice Cream Maker.

This one is available in Aldi:-

This one is available in Lidl:-
[broken link removed]

Apart from the difference in price and one being smaller than the other, which in your opinion is the best one? As I've never used one before, some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i bought the one from LIDL yesterday. It looks alright for the money, the only problem I have with it is, the bowl doesn't fit into my freezer drawers! I had to take the drawer out and put the bowl and the rest of that drawers contents in on their own. If you had a chest freezer that shouldn't be a problem. I think LIDL had the smaller ice cream maker, so I'm glad I didn't go for the ALDI one!
Will try to make some sorbet later today.

I also bought the one from Lidl. Aldi's looked nicer on the outside, but I guess they're pretty much the same and Lidl's was cheaper.
I already made a couple of ice cream flavours just by trial/error, and they turned out really really nice, so it works perfectly :)

Update:-

Thanks for the responses.

I bought the Aldi ice cream maker. I physically placed the Aldi one and the Lidl one side by side and believe it or not the Lidl one is a tad taller (freezer drawer consideration). If anyone is thinking of buying one at some stage can I just add - I made some ice cream using the recipe supplied. In my opinion it's best to make the ice cream as it is needed - takes only 15/20 minutes, spoon soft. When I made the ice cream and put it in the freezer it became much to hard and not as tasty as the spoon soft ice cream. Still a good purchase imo.

Back