Which Garmin based on current deals

Ceist Beag

Am looking at buying a sat nav for bringing on holidays with us (rental car) and having done some research it seems Garmin are the best bet in terms of brand. I've had a look around for the best deals going at the minute and found the following two - would anyone have any opinion on whether these are a good deal and which of the two would be best (or if there are better deals out there)? Really what we're looking for is something that will last for a good number of years, has bluetooth, and can easily be updated with the latest maps, and most importantly is easy to use!

Pixmania - Garmin Nuvi 710 - €179

Handtec - Garmin Nuvi 760T - £175 (so about €190)
http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/790/garmin-nuvi-760--760t-

Try the Tom Tom. One of our sales reps in the UK used all types and he said the Tom Tom was preferred especially when he drove to Ireland to visit his family there. Recent magazine survey also rated Tom Tom better (marginally) than Garmin. I guess it's a matter of personal choice, although I would get the larger display on whatever brand you choose and get European Maps up front if you plan on driving to the Continent or the UK. Cheaper than buying the maps later.

I use a Garmin 310Deluxe and find that it is fairly good, calculates routes quickly, clear instructions, bluetooth (handsfree is a bit tinny but most of the time is ok), screen graphics are good and it is very easy to use - the deluxe comes with european maps CD and free online update.

Thanks for the replies folks. I ended up going for the pixmania one above as it was the best price I could find and from reviews it seems like a great one for that price (normally about €100 more).

Back