Which focus - 1.6 , 1.8 diesel or petrol

weeslip

1.6 diesel will return 45 to 65 mpg and is very reliable, and this is the one to go for without a doubt.

The 1.6 Diesel is an excellent car good power and excellent mpg around 50mpg depending on the driver. Ford always well spec. I drive my parents from time to time which is the Ghia model and would highly recomend it

Try www.whatcar.co.uk for some tips, I've found it useful. They don't mention the diesels in particular, but there are things to look out for and other suggestions.

[broken link removed]

might be a bit of a dumb question but from a performance viewpoint, which is better, the petrol or diesel engines ( ie is a 1.6 petrol faster than a 1.6 diesel)

might be a bit of a dumb question but from a performance viewpoint, which is better, the petrol or diesel engines ( ie is a 1.6 petrol faster than a 1.6 diesel)

For initial acceleration (1.6's vs 1.6's) the Petrol will be quicker off the mark, but in the real world of overtaking e.g. 45 ish 75 ish range the diesel will out perform the petrol. It is nicer to drive than the petrol - and the more arduous the conditions, the bigger the advantage. On hilly mountain roads, the torque-rich TDCI can always pull away after a steep hairpin bend where the 1.6 petrol can feel quite weedy and underpowered. Had good fun in one in Tenerife on holidays!

Back