Which database software should I use?

This EULA is really to protect ourselves. We don't want to be brought to court because someone lost their data.

Points 1 and 2 need to be updated, these (1-4 & 5 employee plus) versions don't actually exist, we copied it from one of our other EULAs. Thanks for drawing that to my attention.

It really is as free as we can make it.

Incidently, I have other products as well which I freely distribute on various download sites. Some of these sites are really strict as to what they'll classify as 'freeware'.

I don't think we'll be publishing source code in the near future!
It's freeware, not open source.

Fair enough. Your prerogative as the originator obviously. Just suggesting some possible options.

Update: I downloaded and installed the app and don't really find it that intuitive/useful myself. I reckon that for straightforward contact details something like [broken link removed] (even if you don't own a Palm PDA) is handier. I found the user interface of the Silver Onion Contacts utility very unintuitive. For example tab traversal of form fields/controls did not work like any other Windows/GUI application and when I added contact records they did not appear in the list until I closed the application and restarted it. Also when I ran the uninstaller it reported that some files could not be deleted including the 1.5MB executable itself for some reason (it was not running at the time).

Back