which credit cards offer interest free repayments on balance transfer?

landlord

Sorry my search facility doesnt seem to be working.....
Just wandering which credit cards offer interest free on balance transfers, can it be set up quickly and over what period will it be interest free?
Thanks....

Have a look in the Best Buys forum.

Some take longer than others-Ulster Bank are the worst, from what I have heard.

Avoid Ulster Bank like the plague in my opinion. More hassle than they're worth. We are classed as a "foreign" bank account despite the fact that you apply to Dublin. Application took about 6 weeks and they gave us a credit limit half of what we have with our existing bank! Impossible to get through on the phone and customer service is useless. We've decided to stay with our existing card company.

I used Ulster Bank for CC transfer after we had a lot of work done in the house. Knew the balnce wouldn't be paid off at the end of the month and Ulster Bank had 9 months interest free. Had absolutely no problem. I did cancel it when debt was paid and went back to MBNA as, once the free period was over, Ulster Bank's interest rate was 19% at the time

I recently got a a UB Zinc card and had no problems at all. It came about 2 1/2 weeks after application was given in to my branch. Maybe it's because I do all my banking with them that it was easier, but have to say I've had no problems so far.

maybe - we are with BOI and were applying for transfer of balance from our cards to a zinc card. Sent everything bar the kitchen sink with the application and it was still a complete disaster. maybe it helps if you already have your other accounts with them but by the time they had it sorted out it was too late for paying off our balance anyway!!

Back