which car?

F

fling

What car would you reccomend to do about 100k a day? It needs to be reliable and able to handle minor roads. Was thinking about 2000/2001 reg.
I've been advised to go for a golf but I really don't like them. Any suggestions?

any diesel hatchbak or saloon will do the job,

Ford : focus/mondeo - make sure you get the TDCi engine

Audi : A4 1.9tdi 130, same in A3

Honda : Accord diesel

It all depends on budget and what the car is used for really, but their the main commuter vehicles you would see on a daily basis.

Thanks Sinbadsailor I'll look into those.

Only me in the car usually. I didn't want a huge engine as I'm afraid I'd become a girl racer preferably a hatchback as a Saloon would make me feel too much like a grown up. Only got about 5000 to spend though.

5000 is loads.
what you need to do is get rid of your thoughts around engine size. You are doing a fair mileage. you need to buy a nice big car you are safe in and a good engine that won't strain.

Thankfully, most people in Ireland will happily spend 20-30k on a car and yet worry about the extra 200euro in road tax.

So, larger cars are cheap as chips.

So hop over to carzone.ie and search for diesel cars from 99-02 up to 2.0 in engine size and see what tickles you. Most of these cars will have about 75-120k mileage... so go for something towards the lower end of the scale and you will likely get a comfortable and well equipped car that will last up to 150k+ with just the usual jobs you would expect.

Well, that's what I'd do anyway.

Aston Martin DB9!!!! :D

If your 5K doesn't stretch to a good one go for a Focus (1.6 Zetec if you can find a nice one).

Other options are Civic (will go forever).

Steer clear of anything french...will break your heart. Lots of lovely Alfa Romeo 147's out there...but it may or may not fall to pieces. Nice cars though...

And I don't think Octavia is the default choice...especially if you don't like the Golf!

Back