Which Car wax to use?

joey54

I have an old black car and I've noticed paint work is starting to fade on bonnet a bit. Which wax should I use to try to stop any further colour loss. Your help would be much appreciated.

Joey

Auto glym is very good too.

Have to agree on this, it's expensive but very very good, I've tried almost everything on the market since good ol' M1 was taken off the market and haven't found anything better yet. Although if it's an old car and not laquered try T-CUT first and then a high quality wax you will be delighted at the difference but be prepared to put in a lot of time to get it just right. Then stand back and be amazed at the finished product. A little tip too when you are finished waxing wet the car with the hose (cold water) and then see the difference. enjoy

Thanks, Autoglym sounds good. Hopefully it will do the job on my old beauty! I presume I can buy it in Halfords. It will tell me what I need to as preperation too??

Thanks, Autoglym sounds good. Hopefully it will do the job on my old beauty! I presume I can buy it in Halfords. It will tell me what I need to as preperation too??

Halfords have all the Autoglym products. theres also an Autoglym booklet with the range and appropriate uses. Should be in a little rack on the shelf.

( and yes....I agree too, Autoglym is the only stuff I've used in years and it shows. The baby is now 7 and still looks like it came out of the showroom )

Back