Which car is best for me?

Commercial

I am looking for help in buying a car.
I do circa. 50,000 per annum with my job.

I have a Honda Accord which never gave me a days problem. I am toying with the idea of another accord, an A4 or an A6.
Are there other cars I am not thinking of?

I am in the car on my own mostly, but I have 2 children under the age of 10 who travel with me an odd time.
My budget is up to €25,000
Thanks

The Accord has been a great servant to you. With a punishing annual travel schedule, I'd be inclined to stick with the tried and trusted formula.

Have u considerd bmw, have 320d, excellent fuel efficiency, have had two over last three years....

If thinking of A4 or A6 look at a skoda Octavia or Superb

I have an Octavia and very happy with it, I am considering switching to a Superb, excellent spec for the money and seem to be holding their value for resale

Skoda Superb, I have friends who use them as taxi's, one recently traded in a 2005 with almost 400 km's done, all happy motoring except for consumables and wear n tear, your budget gets you the latest model with some bargaining, the Mazda 6 has its problems, google it for more, I would pass.

Thanks everyone.
Maybe due to the fact that I have had no issues with the Honda it could be the one to stick with.
Might look at the 320D as well

Skoda Superb,

actually test drove a year old skoda superb, when i changing car, nov 2012 as I was cringing at cost of my changing 320d and salesman said this would be a good alternative and cheaper to change to. Id get higher years for same money. it did looked well on the day. However the big disadvantage he said was the resale value would be poor.

I drove two KIA RIO (saloon version) before my two BMW and the resale value was terrible, the second one was diesel and this held its value a little better....

Perhaps the image of Skoda would be better than a KIA, I cant comment...

Lot of driving per year.

I would be tempted to look for a long warranty all these modern diesels are getting more and more complicated.

A station might be the way to go.
The A6 5 series and accord all look good in station wagon.

Maybe a Mitsubishi Hyundai or kia for the warranty.

A 5 series with balance of the 5 year warranty and service would be good for the mileage although maybe hens teeth.

I think the A4 feels small especially for the mileage.

Hyundai or kia for the warranty.

I couldnt recommend either of the above for anyone doing heavy mileage. They are a very attractive affordable price tag for the space they offer but certainly my KIA's were built for school trips and the likes, not serious daily roads trips.

If you're doing that much mileage you should be seriously looking at fuel efficiency as it could save you hundreds or even thousands a year. AFAIK the accords and the Mazda M6 are 2.2 litre whereas the new Passats are 1.6l and should be more fuel efficient.

A smaller engine doesn't always mean better fuel efficiency.

An underpowered engine in a big car is no good.

Look at www.honestjohn.co.uk for real MPG figures.

+1, and if you are used to a bit of poke in the car then you'll drive the guts out of a smaller engine car trying to get the same acceleration and then your fuel economy will be terrible and you'll wreck the engine (and possible the gearbox).

+1, and if you are used to a bit of poke in the car then you'll drive the guts out of a smaller engine car trying to get the same acceleration and then your fuel economy will be terrible and you'll wreck the engine (and possible the gearbox).

+3, had a peog 206 back in the poorer days and could only stick her for 9 months. It was like a hairdryer trying to take off, foot to the floor and still not able to manage any sort of comfortable speed. It drank fuel also.

Back