Which Border Counties will show Largest Growth (in property prices) over next 2 Yrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much are you in the hole for already - you might be able to get out more profitably by not closing.

Much too high, I'd say. Can't believe anyone would buy off the plans in Frenchpark tbh. It's in the middle of nowhere isn't it? What are other properties selling for in the area?

[broken link removed]

New semis 3 bed at 160k, which means they are worth no more than 140k at best. No demand for these semis from anyone locally, you can buy a good detached house around here for about 180k on own grounds, why would anyone live in a crappy little semi for the same price range?

Re: Which Border Counties will show Largest Growth (in property prices) over next 2 Y

Is Boyle a better place to invest than Frenchpark or Carrick on Shannon? Or maybe there's not much going on there either?

Big glut of houses in Boyle, and still building. One new estate being built on South side of town has reputedly had NO sales yet, and several houses completed or nearly completed. Should soon be possible to buy a lot cheaper than asking price if you need a home there, but "invest"? No, in my opinion.

Best bet in that part of the country, if you want a tip, is probably Drumsna, just across the Shannon in Leitrim, just off the main Dublin/Sligo road. Dromod, a few miles away and also on the Shannon, is a very similar town and prices are strong -- a smallish 2 storey detached house close to the river went for 425K this week in Dromod. Drumsna was almost a clone of Dromod a few years ago, but has been overlooked and prices are way cheaper. Only difference is it doesn't have a railway station. Worth looking at though -- not too much for sale around there but some good value.

Re: Which Border Counties will show Largest Growth (in property prices) over next 2 Y

What about towns in County Sligo that are positioned along the main Galway to Enniskillen road?

That would be towns such as Tubbercurry, Charlestown, Manorhamilton, Glenfarne.

I think prices in those towns can be lowish, and considering that that road is the main road in that part of Ireland I could see those being good areas for investment. Any opinions on these towns?

I put a deposit on a house in Cavan 18 months ago...still waiting for it to be completed although it should be ready by xmas. Houses now selling in the development for 220k (I paid 180k)

Folks

We have banned the discussion of house prices movements for the moment on Askaboutmoney. This applies to those who assume prices are going to rise as well as those who assume that they are going to fall.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back