Which bank is best for small business

joesoap

I have just set up a new company and I now want to set up a Bank account. Can someone recommend a good bank for a small start up business.

Ulster Bank have a good offer on at the moment for start-ups. Can't remember exactly what's involved but I'm sure it includes all the usual like transaction fee free banking, free mastercard and low loan rate, and I think it also includes 3 years free online banking which would save you a lot of cash!

I would also be looking at how near it is located to you and how easy to park, hours of business etc as in business you would be making frequent trips to the bank, re lodgements etc.

The main attraction of UB's offer is a €30,000 overdraft without the need for personal guarantees.

Not so sure I'd agree with the posts on Ulster Bank.

I opened a business a/c with them about six months ago (new business). No mention of free transactions etc.

Didn't talk to them about an overdraft, but they wanted a personal guarentee on a company credit card.

They've a bizarre charging structure for Internet banking too if you don't have many transactions: it works out cheaper to write cheques.

Back