Where to sell? VW Golf 00D

Banking2006

Brother has a VW Golf comfortline 110k miles for sale for past few weeks. He has car on buy and sell and carzone.ie but no takers. Has everyone gone buying new cars in 2007! any recomendations where to sell? he wants to buy another car privately.

Mileage is quite high, probably putting people off. On a car which will be 7 years old soon, spec. isn't that important.

How is it priced relative to other similar Golfs?

Thanks for that. Competively priced re. similar golfs at c. 6300 euro. NCT up to 08/08 etc. Maybe best option would be to keep it?

Just a tip, when he gets the call from a UK crowd called 'Motorhelp.co.uk' I think they're called, don't be sucked in - they're scammers.

Putting a notice up in the window of the car, although looks naff, has worked surprisingly well for some of my friends recently - worth a go!

110k miles is very high-no matter how reliable a car is-and many people would be put off by this IMHO.

110k miles is very high-no matter how reliable a car is-and many people would be put off by this IMHO.

This makes me think of a a quote from a car dealer a couple of years ago "do you want a realistic mileage on a seven yr old car, or do you want me to clock it ??"

110k is only about 15,700 miles a year over 7 years. Would have thought a significant amount of people would do approx 15k a year ?

The 110k is already in miles, per OP! K= thousands, not kilometers! I think price too high for car with those miles.

The 110k is already in miles, per OP! K= thousands, not kilometers! I think price too high for car with those miles.

Far too high, to put this in perspective I bought a 99 Megane with 95k miles from a dealer (i.e. with warrenty) 3 years ago for 4400e... I will prob try and shift it this year or next year and if I get 1000e for it I would be delighted (car has will prob have close to 130k miles on it by that stage).

This makes me think of a a quote from a car dealer a couple of years ago "do you want a realistic mileage on a seven yr old car, or do you want me to clock it ??"

Very classy and insincere dealer.

Fair enough - really lossing this one. :)

Suppose my point was that an average ofapprox 15k miles per annum is not huge. IMHO, but obviously many disagree (horses for courses)

The price is a different matter.

what are yee in about. is this a petrol car??? If its a diesel a 110,000 miles is not that high. I've driven diesel cars with near 200k miles and the only thing that needs doing is the timing belt.

Plus it all depends on where that car was driven. if its motor way mile i can't see what the problem is.

It's a case of each to their own. Would you actually spend 6k+ on a 7 year old car with 110k miles? I wouldn't. There may be nothing wrong with it, but I'd always go for lower mileage if I was buying. I know from experience that it is hard getting rid of a car with 100k+ miles on it.

If it's not selling, it's obvious that there is a problem!

Thanks for info everyone. Would you recommend that he reduce selling price or keep car for another few years?

Sorry, i don't get your point...or is there a digit missing somewhere or is it 12,000,000 mls ?

No I sold it with a mere 12,000 kmls (about 7500 miles) recorded from new. Just to show some cars with low mileage will sell and fast too.

Back