Where to invest small lump sum and monthly additions?

I would pick my own funds and I am looking at about €1,000 each month so you would be getting €1,500 in the first year is that right?

I would pick my own funds and I am looking at about €1,000 each month so you would be getting €1,500 in the first year is that right?

If you keep your plan at that level for five years, yes we would receive €1,500. €1,200 in the first year and €300 over-ride commission which is payable at the end of the business year. The level of over-ride commission is dependent on the quality and persistency of our overall book of business with Eagle Star so it might be <>€300. If you cash in or reduce your contribution before five years, our commission would be clawed back.

Of your contribution, 100% would be invested without deduction. Thereafter the only charge would be 1% of the fund per year, or 1.5% if you choose a Protected or Threadneedle Fund. This assumes you start with a lump sum of at least €7,500.

Thanks for being so open about the commissions I think I will have a look at Quinn Life funds

Bez,
If you're considering a China Fund you could also consider the Robeco Chinese Equity fund offered by RaboDirect. [broken link removed]
It is an actively managed investment fund. Entry fee is 0.75%. Minimum investment is €100. Monthly investments are possible. Fund provider's annual management of 1.50% is included in the daily price of the fund.

Regards,
RaboDirect

The Quinn Life funds are tracker funds following certain market indices.

Be very careful investing in an index like China at the moment where you're investing in dollars and you're investing in a market which has seen massive growth and is regarded as being in bubble territory
You could do very well or you could get creamed,just be aware of the risks

I like the look of the P/E multiples of a number of Chinese Stocks, I also feel that their currency is undervalues so should benefit from the continued strenght of the Yuan, not to mention the Beijing Games in 2008, it looks a reasonable place for some of the investment...

Back