Where to get Wedding Pics printed ?

Pablo74

HI all
I am getting married in Italy in Sept and have our photographer booked. All we are getting from him after are 300 pictures in high resolution on a disc.
I am wondering where would be a good place to get the pics printed in good quality once we get back home. We want to select the best ones and get them printed professionaly.
Thanks
Pablo

Photo Labs in Lennox Street, Dublin 8. Many of the professionals get theirs done there.

We used photobox as suggested by venice and would recommend them. Great service and quality.

Pablo - as Venice and LM26 pointed out, www.photobox.ie are very good. We got married in Italy (in September!) too, and the package only included the professional photos on a CD. I just uploaded the photos I wanted off the CD onto photobox and ordered several and also made a photo book out of them - really nice, slightly different version of a wedding album.

M

John Gunnes Wexford st, I'm sure you'll have alot of black and whites which they'll do by hand. Wedding photos I wouls pay extra to get them printed properly and wouldn't get them done over the net

I agree with Sydney.

Thats why I mentioned Photo Labs in Lennox Street - a lot of the professionals get theirs done there and the standard is top notch.

Depends on what you want really.

I used to use photobox alot but the last two batches of pictures I've gotten have been heavily pixilated. I would definitely go somewhere more professional as suggested by MandaC and Sidney

Why not invest in a good photo printer (e.g. canon) and print them yourself. Usually much better quality than you get from those photolabs.

A home cannon printer would not be a patch on a professional laboratory by any stretch of the imagination. It would not be even in the same ballpark.

Get some black and white or sepia shots as suggested above.

Also just an idea my sister got done for her wedding from one of her shots - she got a canvas print block mounted - it was expensive 150 or so I think, but it was fairly big and looks absolutely fabulous(with the right shot)

A home cannon printer would not be a patch on a professional laboratory by any stretch of the imagination. It would not be even in the same ballpark.

I have to disagree with you on this, the right canon printer (the high resolution ones, with the special photo inks) are exactly what many professional photographers use.

We use one ourselves and the quality is superb compared to many photos I've seen from photo labs.

Re the canvas idea - another option would be to get an oil painting done of your favourite photo.

The beauty of having everything on disc is you can go to a processor like photobox, get 300 prints for €30 and if you're not happy with what you have, you simply hand the disc to soemone else for speciallist printing / enlargements etc.

Ask photographer to give you 2/3 copies of the disc - just in case luggage goes missing / disc gets damaged etc.

A friend of ours who is into photography did ours and she swore by Harvey Normans - she had tried a few different places for her own photos and felt they gave the best quality. Probably depends where you're based though - she was in Kerry.

Back