Where to get these travertine tiles?

I checked on their website and they seem to be massively expensive, works out about 160 stg per square metre

Just in B&Q today and as Id read your post had a check, yes, your type of tile there, athlone doing 30% off at moment as closing down.

Have you checked the regular tiles shops as they not that uncommon.

We only tiled three tile high in our kitchen and it looks very designery, did up in a rectangle to the cooker hood.

You should try all the main outlets- right price, budget, House of tiles etc plus independent ones.
They all do travertine ranges and its just a question of luck that they have the, that small. I have seen them in all of them but I think the smallest was 30 x 30. Sale or no sale, B&Q would be expensive for tiles, and limited.
Would be hard to put up on a wall unless they are all the exact same thickness.

B&Q were the best value for tiles when I was looking before... I don't recall seeing anything as expensive as 160 per sq m.

I can see a similar tile, for c. £20 per box, 15 tiles measuring 300mm x 100mm

Just in B&Q today and as Id read your post had a check, yes, your type of tile there, athlone doing 30% off at moment as closing down.

Have you checked the regular tiles shops as they not that uncommon.

We only tiled three tile high in our kitchen and it looks very designery, did up in a rectangle to the cooker hood.

Sandals did you notice the price of the ones in B & Q. I was looking on the B & Q UK website and they seemed expensive, maybe i calculated it wrong.

I checked a couple of tile shops today and they didn't have them. I'll take a run into B and Q and have a look.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

These are the tiles i was looking at, i worked out the price per square metre at £170 stg.

[broken link removed]

we got our kitchen tiles for €1 a sqm in Rocca Tiles couple years ago in a sale (matt yellow square), bought 8 metres and used about 6 as did behind/sides of solid fuel range. My advice is keep the pattern simple as kitchen fad designs can date very easily making your kitchen appear older than it is.

unfort i didnt take the price, sorry.

we got our kitchen tiles for €1 a sqm in Rocca Tiles couple years ago in a sale (matt yellow square), bought 8 metres and used about 6 as did behind/sides of solid fuel range. My advice is keep the pattern simple as kitchen fad designs can date very easily making your kitchen appear older than it is.

unfort i didnt take the price, sorry.

€8 is an incredible price. Great buying.

If i can't get them for a reasonable price i will go for something else. No way am i spending the sort of money b & q are looking for.

These are the tiles i was looking at, i worked out the price per square metre at £170 stg.

You're not really comparing like with like there. Mosaic tiles will always be more expensive, but B&Q can be expensive for tiles anyway. Also look at the quality of the travertine, (if indeed you are set on that), there's a huge variation in grades, and you will pay accordingly. Have you tried TileStyle?

You're not really comparing like with like there. Mosaic tiles will always be more expensive, but B&Q can be expensive for tiles anyway. Also look at the quality of the travertine, (if indeed you are set on that), there's a huge variation in grades, and you will pay accordingly. Have you tried TileStyle?

Thanks leo, i'll have a look there.

Back