Where to get Finance that doesnt register on ICB??

M

mumof1

Hi all -
Apologies please if i am asking something that has already been answered ! this is my first time to post. I have a big loan with UB ( 40k ) I am paying 900 a month on it.
I need to get it moved so that it doesnt show on my icb. I cant go to a CU as they would never loan that amount.
Does anyone know any finance company I could get a loan from to clear it from ICB that dont register their loans with ICB. Im desperate. Is there even any uk companies that I could go to??
Any advice is appreciated.

I know my CU would loan you 3 times your shares without hassle. Anything higher and it goes to their credit committee. Have you asked the CU to see if they'll loan it to you?

Hello,
You should go the Money Advice & Budgeting Service near where you live. I live in Kilkenny and know that they are most helpful and nonjudgemental.

They often negotiate on your behalf with a credit union.

Your Credit Union is the surest bet even go directly to them. They are also sympathetic to customers. That is part of why they were formed to help people avoid getting involved with money lenders.
Browtal

Last edited:
Why don't you want it on your ICB? Are you trying to hide the fact you owe 40k so that you can borrow more off another bank or get a mortgage?

Hi all -
Apologies please if i am asking something that has already been answered ! this is my first time to post. I have a big loan with UB ( 40k ) I am paying 900 a month on it.
I need to get it moved so that it doesnt show on my icb. I cant go to a CU as they would never loan that amount.
Does anyone know any finance company I could get a loan from to clear it from ICB that dont register their loans with ICB. Im desperate. Is there even any uk companies that I could go to??

Other than an individual credit union you are very unlikely to find a financial institution operating here who is not a member of the ICB. I don't know any but you can check the [broken link removed] yourself.

Hi all -

Your post disturbs me. I am sorry if you are in difficulty but I doubt if moving the loan to another fianancial institution is going to help much. Please do not borrow from a credit union as CUs have enough difficulty with mounting bad debts without adding yours.
All financial institutions except many credit unions are members of ICB.

Slim

Back