Where to get emissions test - Galway

philboy

Hi,
Does anyone know where you can get an emissions test done in the Galway area for a 98 Honda Civic.

I've heard of AKAT in Oranmore, but he said he couldn't do that car model. The guy was meant to ring me back, never did and when i phoned again he was just ignorant on the phone.

I presume it is for the NCT. Why don't you just take a chance and if it fails then address the situation. I was worried about emissions when I did the NCT with a 01 audi diesel recently and it was the light beams which failed. There are loads of these pre test centres around Galway (most of them unfortunately rip offs, including that Oranmore place).

Cheers Declan,
I put it through the NCT already, the emissions were really high so have to get a test done. I didnt do anything but washed the car before the test and hoped for the best. Didn't work :(
Do you have the names or nums of any of these centres?

Cheers.

Phil, I know there is one on the Tuam Road out of Galway beside Monaghan's Garage, Town and Country Garage in Tuam do it but they are ghastly expensive. Some of the better equipped garages locally can sort emissions for you for a fractions of the cost. Depends where in Galway you are located

Back