Where to get a good deal on Panansonic TV

nissanfigaro

I am currently looking to buy a 37-40" TV
I am told Panasonic is the only company to offer a 5 year warranty
Where is the best place to get a good deal?
thanks for any help

I didn't know the Panasonic 5-year warranty promotion was still running. It was supposed to end some weeks ago.

JVC are another company offering 5-year warranty promotion. I think this runs til December. However, you may need to purchase within Ireland from a JVC seller. Not sure if it extends online.

Then with cheaper brands - Viewpia and Haier offer 2 years, Mirai offer 3 years.

I didn't know the Panasonic 5-year warranty promotion was still running. It was supposed to end some weeks ago.

JVC are another company offering 5-year warranty promotion. I think this runs til December. However, you may need to purchase within Ireland from a JVC seller. Not sure if it extends online.

Then with cheaper brands - Viewpia and Haier offer 2 years, Mirai offer 3 years.

Can I ask what may seem like a silly question? What is the difference (if there is one) between a plasma screen TV on a stand and a plasma on the wall? Put it this way - we want a TV that hangs on the wall, that has the most up to date screen quality and that is HD ready. Is a Plasma TV what I'm looking for??

just discovered a 37" HD plasma Panasonic for 1150 at Harvey Normans - 5 year warranty offer now expired though can be purchased for an extra 150

The panasonic offer of a 5 year warranty is now back on for TV's sold between the 1st of Oct to the 30th of Nov. However i think it only applies to high street stores and not purchases over the internet.
In reply to PetPal there is no difference between plasma screens as you described above, it you want to hang it on the wall you just need to buy a special wall mounting bracket

power city was always cheap in my estimation....but that was a couple of years ago. Are they still trading - don't see the ads that much. Think they did panasonic etc.:confused:

Alliance Electric on Georges Street sell Panasonic Plasmas.

I bought a 37" set there last week for €1,249 including the 5 year warranty.

Very pleased with it. Went in looking for LCD (probably Sony) and decided on Plasma when they showed me how much better it is for sport. Better prices too, compared to latest Sony LCDs.

Service at Alliance is top notch. Manager delivered and installed my set after hours.

I was shopping saround last May for a plasma, and at the time panasonic were offering the 5 year guarantee, it won my vote bought a 42" at the time was 1699, now you can get it for 1499. There are 2 versions available 1 only has a single hdmi input make sure you get the one you want. With regard to the Option of mounting the plasma I went for the Vogels bracket better looking then all other ones, got it in Peats

Dunnes stores were selling Panasonic 42'' tv's a few weeks ago. Saw a 37'' LG in the Dunnes Stores in the Marches S/C last week. Didn't get a price though.

Dunnes stores were selling Panasonic 42'' tv's a few weeks ago. Saw a 37'' LG in the Dunnes Stores in the Marches S/C last week. Didn't get a price though.

Just been browsing some of the reccomended websites, found this:

It seems good, large, reputable manufacturer, good contrast ratio, decent audio,

Is this a good T.V. ? (from my readings of various forums, it would seem so) ?

Ok what do the other specifications I should be looking out for? all of the websites state the obvious, but getting technical, what exactly are the main aspects I should be looking out for - this appers to be what I am looking for size/price range.

I am thinking of trying to purchase via a company ex. Vat or failing that, attempt to purchase via the web -

Problems ? - will I be chage any customs/excise duties ?
would it be just handier to fly to Luton (Flights only €30.00) and bring it home with me ? (Driving is too expensive)

weight and size might be a problem. thats a big telly and with packaging etc. I have a 37'' LG since around Feby and no problems so far anyway. I wanted one with speakers at the bottom and not at the sides ( lots of the new models with other makers now have the speakers at the bottom) and I wanted one with both analog and digital tuners integrated for the switchover in 2012. Dont think LG are in the top bracket ie Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba etc but it fitted my requirements.

Problems ? - will I be chage any customs/excise duties ?
would it be just handier to fly to Luton (Flights only €30.00) and bring it home with me ? (Driving is too expensive)

There are no customs/excise duties applicable when buying from within the EU.

You won't be allowed to bring that on board a place. A 42" TV in it's box is a mighty large and awkward beast. Could weight in the region of 40kg.
Leo

There are no customs/excise duties applicable when buying from within the EU.

You won't be allowed to bring that on board a place. A 42" TV in it's box is a mighty large and awkward beast. Could weight in the region of 40kg.
Leo

Cheers Leo - for those who are looking for a simple feature explanation website:

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/Plasma-television.html

I found it very useful, explains what the various connections on the back mean/are what contrast ratio/resolution etc. all mean.

Back