Where to buy in Dublin 15

If it was me, I'd choose Maynooth before Finglas ..... The train from Maynooth will have you into Dublin City Centre in 30 mins. Thats not a long commute. But Gazzer before you buy, take a drive out to the area you are thinking of moving to. Go on a Friday or Saturday evening. Drive around. Park & observe. Are there groups of youths hanging around ? Boy racers ? Are young trees left alone to grow ? Are the houses well painted and the gardens looked after ? All these little things can tell you so much about an area. Good luck.

Be sure to check out potential areas late at night as well to make sure it is both quiet and safe. Having been stuck in traffic in Maynooth a couple of times I can definitely say it's not for me but perhaps you could try the commute a few mornings and evenings to see what you think.

Not all trains from Maynooth will have you in Dublin in 30 minutes as there are no direct trains in the morning. On the way home in the evening, there is a better chance of a 30 minute journey-at 6 and 7 there are direct trains.

Traffic in the town is nearly always bad. There are plans for a relief road, but that's all they are at the moment.

If it was me, I'd choose Maynooth before Finglas ..... The train from Maynooth will have you into Dublin City Centre in 30 mins.....

Not unless its the [SIZE=-1]Hogwarts Express. It takes 40mins IF running perfectly schedule. Still an ok time, even if its not door to door. [/SIZE]

Maynooth has the considerable advantage of getting first dibs on a train seat on most morning services too; Clonsilla's very good for the train if you're happy standing (only been unable to board once in 9 years), however my own opinion is that is that I couldn't hack the hassle of elbowing my way on at Coolmine or Castleknock... You'd ideally have somewhere within walking distance of Clonsilla station too, traffic and parking can be mental around there in the morning.

Maynooth has the considerable advantage of getting first dibs on a train seat on most morning services too; Clonsilla's very good for the train if you're happy standing (only been unable to board once in 9 years), however my own opinion is that is that I couldn't hack the hassle of elbowing my way on at Coolmine or Castleknock... You'd ideally have somewhere within walking distance of Clonsilla station too, traffic and parking can be mental around there in the morning.

Good points.

Mind you if you travel off peak either earlier or later those problems are bearable.

If security is a priority for you, can I suggest that you don't look at anywhere on the left of the Clonsilla Road (from Clonsilla Village heading towards Ongar/Clonee)...this area is covered by Lucan Garda Station not Blanchardstown hence long delays experienced by a friend recently on calling for help as her car was being broken in. Guards were in Palmerstown and took ages to respond.

This problem should be solved fairly soon as there will be dedicated trains starting from clonsilla to town.

This problem should be solved fairly soon as there will be dedicated trains starting from clonsilla to town.

Do you mean from Clonsilla to Connolly/Tara/Pearse? I didn't think there was capacity at Connolly?

Are you aware that there is a dedicated service from Clonsilla to Docklands, with bus connections onwards?

Maybe Annfield, next to Riverwood but probably a bit cheaper with townhouses etc.

Do you mean from Clonsilla to Connolly/Tara/Pearse? I didn't think there was capacity at Connolly?

Are you aware that there is a dedicated service from Clonsilla to Docklands, with bus connections onwards?

Do you mean the [broken link removed] [broken link removed] or are their other ones?#

I didn't think there would be capacity at Clonsilla either...

I guess I mean the 2 you have linked to-I'm not familiar with exactly what buses go to/from Docklands-which isn't that far out of the way to be honest-it depends on where you are going of course.

Gazzer,

Portersgate is a really nice estate directly across from Clonsilla train station. I know the estate really well, it's mature and very well kept, no real anti-social behaviour, mostly families, very few properties rented out and it has a great residents association. Houses are about 12-14 years old.

I'm not in anyway related to the property below, but it might be worth a look if you could stretch to 430k.

(Removed)

There's also a 3-bed semi in Charnwood Clonsilla for 430K on that site. Anyone have any knowledge of Charnwood ? As far as I know its a fairly new & nice estate just off the Clonsilla road.

I lived in Charnwood for 4 years and it is a nice estate. Houses were well built. I moved 3 years ago so my info isn't that up to date, but at that stage it was well kept and quiet. Seems to be maturing nicely. Have heard that there are big problems in the area with school places though.

hi,
ive been reading this thread and i'll throw in my tupence worth. We bought in clonee last april in a place called pheasants run and we love it here. Its extremely quite because once you turn into the estate there is no through road so only people who are visiting or live in here pass through it. There are one or two 3 bed semis going at the moment. 5 mins walk is the local shops which do have a few hoodies hanging around them but they tend to gather hin different areas than the estate we are in. The only issue is and its a major one and that is the public transport. Its alwfull, but if you have a car coolimnie and clonsilla train stations are only a few minutes commute. My partner used to do tis everyday.

I lived in Clonee for 4 years and found it an extremely pleasant place to live. For me the best 2 estates were Littlepace and Castaheany. 380-390k should get you a decent 3 bed semi in these estates. Public transport isn't great for getting into the city but if they got around to building a car park at Clonsilla train station it would help.

I am living in Castaheany at the moment and no complaints, nice and quiet. Lovely houses in latchford or the new estate Castle Grange.

i still think st. mochta's estate is good value, should get a 3 bedroom there for approx. 400,000, it's very near coolmine station and right beside the proposed metro line

Back