Where to buy dresses for a wedding

walsh101

My sister has just announced that she is getting married next Feb but she is not into the whole fairytale type wedding, so they are having a civil ceremony in a nice hotel.

She doesn't want to wear a wedding dress and has asked me to be bridesmaid and thankfully isn't expecting me to wear a bridesmaid dress (not my style either) So the question is where to get nice outfits for the wedding that are not OTT. She is 5ft and I'm 5.2 and we dont want some backless, strapless number. All the sites we have tried seem to have the same style of dresses, so would be grateful if anyone knows where to start.

I bought a full length dress for my brother's wedding in monsoon, got many compliments on it. They also have a selection of "bride" style dresses but not full on princess gowns (upstairs in the shop on grafton street), I don't know if your sister is even planning on wearing white but she might find something a bit more low key and more her style in there and you'll more than likely find something suitable too. They can be a bit pricey, their sterling prices and euro prices don't match up, you'd probably be better off ordering from their website, their sizes are right, when I say that I mean if it's marked as a 14 it is actually a 14. I've worn my dress a lot since then and it's still in perfect condition (bought it two years ago). Good luck!

I bough my own wedding dress (for a non traditional wedding) in Fran and Jane - the one in Dundrum shopping centre had a bigger selection than the one in Dublin City Centre, there was also one in Monsoon that I almost bought.

Mine was a full length grecian style dress in pale green.

Thanks for the replies will try all of the above, anyone know if it is more difficult to get knee / calf length dresses rather the full length as this would be more wants she likes.

Thanks again

Well I only speak from my own experience, I buy a lot of dresses in monsoon and in general any time of the year they have a good selection of both long/mid length/short dresses so i'd say you'd have no bother there. (I don't work for them by the way, just really love the clothes)

Thanks for the replies will try all of the above, anyone know if it is more difficult to get knee / calf length dresses rather the full length as this would be more wants she likes.

Thanks again

Itd be a very simple job to get a full length dress taken up if required - I had one taken up last year for 30 euro.

Back