Where to buy blankets?

shesells

My sister has bizarrely asked for real blankets (not throws) for her wedding present. Am having trouble finding them in any shops. Has anyone seen any? Online I can only find woolen mills selling them and they look quite twee. Any thoughts? Thanks

Not sure what part of the country you live in but Ryans of Galway have blankets. And I use blankets on my own bed, never did like quilts.

Last year I bought a beautiful king size irish wool blanket from the Paul Costelloe range in Dunnes. I cant remember how much it cost but we've just started using it and it is mega toasty! They might be doing them again this year.

Some of the new range Foxford ones in Clerys are really nice, tempted myself...Maybe try the closing down sale in Clerys Blanchardstown?

Foxfords are lovely, I remember the vintage ones as child. My Mayo friend asked for a foxford blanket for her wedding present, so not that bizzard a request. The newer stuff looks lovely too

I do like the Paul Costello stuff too but foxford is a bit more unique imo so I'd go for that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the heavy Foxford ones...Kerry Woolen mills have nice ones too...both have the vintage ones...too many choices now!

Back