where to buy an investment property overseas up to a max. of €85000.

Re: where to buy an investment property overseas up to a max. of €85000.

gearoid said:
Looks like there's good value in Zimbabwe, some beautiful properties too!

[broken link removed]

but my tip as an up and coming has to be

[broken link removed]

Listings seem to be a bit sparse though...

I presume you are kidding and have forgotten to put in a smiley?

Bamhan said:
We have a good Lithuanian friend who is taking us to his home country to view some property in a few weeks time.
Apparently there is good value to be had and while rental income is lowish the prices of peoperty are increasing there all the time.

if rental income is lowish why are prices going up???? maybe because of speculators??

Are most eastern european countries not experiencing declining populations, thus in the longer term supply will be quite high?

My earlier suggestions re Zimbabwe and North Korea were obviously in jest.

I am highly sceptical of some of the projects in which people are investing in countries with little or no regulatory framework to protect investors. Pomorie in Bulgaria is just one example.

If I was to pick a country to invest in, I would look at growth prospects, crime, legal framework, current situation.

The country I'd say is most likely to mimic some of Ireland's success is Estonia.

It is already well established in services and information technology . It is the most honest country in the east according to the global corruption index. It has good ties with Finland, a burgeoning service sector etc. and a flourishing IT sector.

I suspect prices already reflect this view but strong ties with Finland (the No.2 least corrupt economy) mean that a lot of the learning that goes to foster growth will be fast-tracked, as it has a very strong role model, with cultural links as they are both of Finno-Ugric Baltic stock and the languages are alike.

So.. if I were having a look at property, which I'm not, I'd look at Estonia.

gearoid said:
My earlier suggestions re Zimbabwe and North Korea were obviously in jest.

Some of us are slower than others ;).

estonian who works for the father says you can get a 6 bedroom house in estonia for the price of a Nissan patrol.
some people measure buying power with BigMacs, he uses Nissan Patrols.

bearishbull said:
if rental income is lowish why are prices going up???? maybe because of speculators??
Because they will become part of the European Union.
Because many Lithuanians are now working abroad and coming home with money to invest in property.

Lithuania is already in the EU (although I think Pat Rabbitte wants that re-examined:) )

"a 6 bedroom house in estonia for the price of a Nissan patrol"

I was looking at websites for property in Estonia and the prices seem already to factor in the speculators' premium!

Slim

Maybe the property websites that are translated into English show high prices.

He was an Estonian so he'd know his way around.

Same for poland. A polish friend says you can't find any value on the web in Poland with regard to property but was showing me lovely houses for €50,000 in his home town that he took pictures of when he was over there on holidays.

Hello there any info on the rental market if thats where ye are going.Rgds.

Back