Where to book cheapest flights to Australia ??

Duffer

hi all,

Does anyone know of which might be the best website (or the more traditional method a travel agents) to book flights to oz, hoping to fly into perth then an internal flight to sydney and fly out of sydney to thailand and home (3weeks)

cheapest deals around what are people paying ??

tks....:)

Royal Brunei Airlines from Heathrow fly into Brisbane.
KLM Cork to Auckland was €1500 each, RBA €680. Aer Lingus return to Heathrow about €100.

Hi,

If you want to visit the Australia, look into some cheap flights to Australia aboard the Skywest. Some of the major airlines in the world that offers great packages include British Airways, Thai Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand, South African Airways and a lot more.

the price depends on when you intend to travel. at the moment, I am pricing perth for next june. best price i have got so far is €569 with expedia, flying with aerlingus to londonand on to singapore and perth with quantas. there was a post a few weeks ago about cheap flights to orlando with expedia - quite a few bargains to be had.

Royal Brunei Airlines from Heathrow fly into Brisbane.
KLM Cork to Auckland was €1500 each, RBA €680. Aer Lingus return to Heathrow about €100.

Remember to bring your own booze if you're flying RBA - it's a dry airline I believe.

Also it's an extra stop as it's Heathrow via Dubai to Brunei where you then need to connect to fly on to Australia

Yes they are usually cheap - but there's a reason :)

As to the other posts it totally depends on time of year ... €569 reference below to Perth is a cracking deal (is that incl all taxes?) .. but it is in June when the weather's crap and it's really low season ...Demand and prices to Oz is very seasonal generally cheapest time to go is May-June and most expensive is around Xmas where it can easily cost you twice what it would in May.

Remember to bring your own booze if you're flying RBA - it's a dry airline I believe.

Also it's an extra stop as it's Heathrow via Dubai to Brunei where you then need to connect to fly on to Australia

Yes they are usually cheap - but there's a reason :)

As to the other posts it totally depends on time of year ... €569 reference below to Perth is a cracking deal (is that incl all taxes?) .. but it is in June when the weather's crap and it's really low season ...Demand and prices to Oz is very seasonal generally cheapest time to go is May-June and most expensive is around Xmas where it can easily cost you twice what it would in May.

Is the reason just the lack of gargle or are there other reasons for the cheap prices? If it's safety then I wouldn't consider them but I could live without booze for 24 hours to save a few hundred euro.

I don't know about safety - I would assume Royal Brunei are okay on that score - they have enough money anyway!

Main reasons for them being cheaper is probably that they're a fairly obscure airline .. they would only have a couple of flights a week from London so much less choice on timings etc compared to the major airlines ... They only fly to Brisbane and Perth in Australia so that limits you a bit .. and no domestic add on fares are reasonably prices like say Qantas can do.... Also the extra stop compared to more direct routes makes them less attractive

I guess the lack of gargle has a bit of an impact.. but not much probably !

Re RBA: Dereko1969
I could live without booze for 24 hours to save a few hundred euro.
But you don't have to live without alcohol, as they don't mind if you take your own. I know there are extra stops on the journey, but have an oldie along who prefers 3 eight hour flights to 2 twelvehourlong ones. Reviews range from 10/10 to 1/10, so it will be an adventure.

I heard Eithiad were doing good deals, Have flown Malaysian a few times who have been cheap and very good.

Check the singapore air site now, 1way to perth 10 days from now for e574 from cork/shannon/dublin, this blows the a@$# out of it!

And apparently not a bad crowd to fly with either...

Back