Where to book Carribean for Christmas

G2007

After weeks of looking where to go for Christmas have narrowed it down to a few places.. St Lucia, Caribbean being one..

Any suggestions as to where to book?
Have been quoted 2 - 3.5k through irish travel agents..

Was thinking of booking flights/hotel separately online but travel time is 6-8hours longer :(

ps. Any experiences of St Lucia?

Thanks!!

We have booked with cairbeen collecation to go next year what about booking with Thomas Cook or virgin company as you have to fly to gatwick to get your connecting flight. they seem to have good deals at moment also are the irish company selling you all insluive.Before we booked a lot of the companys out there were trying to get us to go this way but if you are staying in Rooney Bay there is a lot of restraunts there.

Vrigin and British airways fly there and it is about 9 hours form Gatwick.

Our's worked out for 2 weeks in april one in St Lucia and 1 In barbados at fairly good hotel ( hotels are 4 stars) and transfers it is €6,400

We went to a very remote island in the carribean in june. Booked everything separately as no travel agent had even heard of it. We went out of heathrow to avoid going into the US. It cost roughly 1800 each for 2 weeks, that's flights & accommodation. Christmas is more expensive as it's high season in the islands. I'd definitely go booking all myself if I was to go back, anywhere in the carribean.

myate,
is that 1800 each? could you tell us where it was and where you flew into. i'd be interested in doing something like this in march

i was in st lucia, it wasnt great. barabdos is much much better or st thomas in the US virgin islands

We went to a very remote island in the carribean in june. Booked everything separately as no travel agent had even heard of it. We went out of heathrow to avoid going into the US. It cost roughly 1800 each for 2 weeks, that's flights & accommodation. Christmas is more expensive as it's high season in the islands. I'd definitely go booking all myself if I was to go back, anywhere in the carribean.

Myate - Where was the island you visited? and who did you book through? Many thanks all for the info..

ps. Booked through Orbitz before with no problems but Christmas time the flight connections are crazy!!

I have used both of the following many times (i think they are the same company). you will find all of the hotels with them that any irish agent does and it works out hughly cheaper. You also get to pay in dollars so you make on the currency. I have no affilitation

www.orbitz.com

www.cheaptickets.com

Regards

keith

St Lucia is a beautiful island and has a special feel around Christmas.
Lots to keep you busy around Rodney bay but don't forget to do a trip and see the rest of the sites on the island.

Life is for living
[broken link removed]

Lots to keep you busy around Rodney bay but don't forget to do a trip and see the rest of the sites on the island.

Life is for living
[broken link removed]

my god you're some chancer :)

You're like a walking add for that website with the affiliate link to Virgin too.
Is it yours?

Why not tell people the truth, good and bad, about St. Lucia. Like in this thread.
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=91867

Back on topic though.

OP, As you can see from my link St. Lucia has some issues. While a lovely island if you know it and can look after yourself, its actually a very dangerous place if you dont. I would put it near the bottom of my list of Caribbean islands to visit.

I have been to a lot of islands there. My favourites have to be Barbados and St. Kitts though. Best bet is to book through a US agent too. Pay in dollars. Much better for your pocket. All will be hot all year round too

Life is for living
[broken link removed]

4 of your five posts promote the place ! I thought St Lucia was a dump - a glorified banana plantation inhabited by locals who begrudged their poverty - totally resented the comparative affluence of visitors. We were pestered beyond belief on the beach by locals selling stuff - eventually had to call hotel security to get rid of them. I wouldn't take a holiday there again if it was free.

Back