Where to advertise for tenants?

Don_08

Been renting out a one bed apartment in Dublin 1 since 04. We've always used Daft in the past, and priced a bit below market and were flooded with enquiries.

No such luck this time, tenants have been gone since Easter. Had no enquiries at all.

Any other suggestions of places to advertise as well as Daft?

Luckily there is no mortgage on the place - but its income for a pensioner so would like to get it rented out asap.

myhome do rental as well but daft would be by far the most popular site. It could be worth sticking an ad in the herald, has never used it to look for a rental myself but know some people who use it. If its in d1 then maybe place ads on noticeboards in local hospitals and universities too.

Double check to be sure the rent is inline/below similar properties. Rents are moving downward still. I had a property in a few months ago & it's definately slower, but shifted the price & had it rented in jig time

Thanks - yeah we are still about €50 pm less than simliar properties. Will leave it another few weeks and see will we get a bite. Thanks

Should be an attractive location.
Does it need to be done up?
Are the photos good?
Always include photos of the kitchen and bathroom..if they are left out, I won't even enquire.

I had an ad on daft recently...it was slow, but I dropped the rent in €20 increments until I hit the market rate...got lots of replies and viewings.

Usually the place is snapped up. I asked for feedback from viewers and was told it was a little shabby. ( I live abroad) I had it cleaned up and will have to do a big over-haul when I get back.
In the end I filled it without any vacant period.

definitely needs photos. I wouldn't even click into the ad if it didn't have photos. Have you tried evening paper. They usually do deals like putting the ad in for 4 days and only pay for 3 days. You could put the shortcode link to daft on the ad too if people wanted to see the pics.

Have you tried gumtree. Its free. I used daft last time but had a premium add and updated it to the top of the list every evening. Had over 10 photo's. Not as much enqueries as previous times but had it rented within 2 weeks.

Back