where in the costa del sol?

I just came back from Marbella on Thursday and I have to say that it is fab.

Really friendly people, lovely food, cheap drink at 2.50 or less for a beer, really nice weather.

Overall Marbella was really clean, very child friendly, good atmosphere. Not one person looked at you twice, everyone just got on with their own business.
I would highly recommend it and will def be going back again.

cant agree with some of the comments on Nerja have been holidaying there for over 10 years and still enjoy the typical spanish atmosphere of the place.A lot of work been done on the place to tidy up some parts of it but all in all find it a very relaxing place for a holiday.Plenty of nice restaurants and pubs but very few yobbs there as one commentator said.
Agree its more suitable for the slightly older holiday maker.

thanks all for the replies. we have gone with the skol apartments in Marbella because they are right on the beach. thanks again for teh replies.

my friend has a lovely 3 bed 3 bath town house ( 2 storey) in a small complex, pool etc (20 houses ) in Nueva Andalucia near San Pedro.
10 mins walk from Porto Banus
if this is any help
not sure of rates

Best wishes

Anywhere in Nueva Andalucia would be fine, or San Pedro. Depends on how much driving you want to do to get to beaches etc.
I would advise where possible in that general area to get an apartment on the sea side of the dual carriageway; it means that kids can walk to the beach without risk. either that or a complex near one of the footbridges across the road.
There are some nice places between Puerto banus and San Pedro on the sea side of the main road that are ideal for holidays with kids. Use location maps when checking out apartment locations.

Back