Where does it say "speculative threads about property prices are not allowed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveD

I've looked in the "Please read this before you post your first question" section and can't find any reference to not discussing property prices. Maybe someone can point out where in the rules of Askaboutmoney.com it says this, I must have missed it. A post below (not my post) was closed for discussing the pros and cons of buying property now, and I'm at a loss to see why. I'm not questioning the moderators decision to close the post, just looking for where it says this topic shouldn't be discussed.

I recognise the Askaboutmoney is privately owned and we have to abide by the rules of the owner, I'm happy to do this but just cannot find any mention of not discussing purchasing property or not at a particular time.

Speculative threads about property prices are currently not allowed. If the original poster has specific questions about the ins and outs of selling/buying then they can post them in a new thread.

While I would find such discussions boring and non productive I think it's something that many people enjoy discussing...maybe they could be sent off to a quiet corner somewhere.

When I read that "thread closed" comment on the threa below I "assumed" (most likely wrongly) that the owners/moderators/general population were simply fed up with speculative threads....but that in itself would be speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back