Where do all the Camera Vans Go

roker

Where does all the Speed Camera vans go on an evening? they just disappear, they must have some sort of Star Treck masking device or They must have secure place to stay, and the personnel cannot tell anyone what they do for a living, they will get lynched. imaging telling your mates in the put what you do.

I presume that they are driven to a central location and left there and then the drivers slink off home in their Mercs and/or Beemers and try to blend in with ordinary decent hard-working citizens

I presume that they are driven to a central location and left there and then the drivers slink off home in their Mercs and/or Beemers and try to blend in with ordinary decent hard-working citizens

Did you leave out the ;)?

Where does all the Speed Camera vans go on an evening? they just disappear, they must have some sort of Star Treck masking device or They must have secure place to stay, and the personnel cannot tell anyone what they do for a living, they will get lynched. imaging telling your mates in the put what you do.

More importantly... where do i send my CV if I want a job in one of those vans??

What a stress free job... The biggest problem would be deciding where to park! And if the cameras stop taking photos just ring the engineer!

Nearly as stress free as a TV Licence Inspector... Come to think of it... where do I send my CV if I want to become a TV Licence Inspector? Loads of people here where I work boast about how they dont have a licence so I would rake in the commission in my first few weeks.

Mystery partly solved, some vans are parked in Sandyford. I see them heading out most mornings to "do their duty";)

More importantly... where do i send my CV if I want a job in one of those vans??

What a stress free job... The biggest problem would be deciding where to park! And if the cameras stop taking photos just ring the engineer!

Nearly as stress free as a TV Licence Inspector... Come to think of it... where do I send my CV if I want to become a TV Licence Inspector? Loads of people here where I work boast about how they dont have a licence so I would rake in the commission in my first few weeks.

Hard to know if that's sarcasm or genuine, but I'm not sure the job is as stress free as you would imagine. Not unless you like sitting on dark isolated roads, having daily threats of violence, occasional baseball bats bashing against the van, occasional arson attack on the van and 12 hours stuck in the inside of a van with little heating and urinating in a bottle.

you would wonder how they get anyone to do the job at all!!...must come with a nice fat salary:)

I though this an easy job then googled it, seems like a low paid job for sure based on what I found.

you would wonder how they get anyone to do the job at all!!...must come with a nice fat salary:)

maybe its a low paid easy job..

In the same way that people take jobs in the waste industry or labouring on construction sites or any other low paid work, people take the job because it's a job and they'd rather work than not work.

Thankfully many of us have the option of not having to take such work.

Back