Where can I park on/near Cork Street for exams - exams longer than Pay & Display max

Thanks all.

Although its normal for me to turn into something resembling the little girl from the Exorcist before an exam - I keep reminding myself itll all be worth it in the end!!

I have just seen this post now and it may be too late - but if your exams are not over, the perfect solution is to park in the carpark of Lidl in Cork Street. It is free and open from 08.00 - 21.00 during the week.

There is also normally plenty of parking on Hamilton Street, Donore Road and Ebenezer Terrace, both just off Donore Avenue, a 5 minute walk away from Cork Street.

Anyway, good luck with the exams!

Bronte - Ive done 2 exams, have 2 more to do. OK - although I do feel some exam panic in between!!

On the travel arrangements I have been taxi-ing.

txirimiri - on LIDL, I think itd be noticed if I parked there for up to 4 hours?
I have checked out the streets around Donore Road etc and they are packed, absolutely packed, and I cant afford to have to look for parking and risk being late for an exam.

A couple of people have parked right outside and ignored the Pay and Display max - actually some of them parked outside and didnt even put any money in the meter - but Id be too worried about being clamped - I need to get home in a hurry to continue studying!!

Just as an aside, I studied for professional accountancy exams over a 5 year period while renting in various Dublin areas. Exams were always in the RDS. I did the whole exam commuting by bus/taxi/walking etc from areas as diverse as Drumcondra, Dundrum, Palmerstown, Crumlin, Windy Arbour etc. It was quite stressful.

For the last year or so, I booked into a quality guesthouse beside the RDS and it was the best thing I ever did, 3 nights stay for the 3 exams, no commuting stress, no 4am alarm clocks and no having to leave house at 8am for a 10am exam.

Solution

When working in town. I noticed the clampers scanning a barcode on a car window, found out later you pay to your account by a text message, obviously you need an account set up first, you simply pay, get a text when it runs low and you re credit your parking remotly from your phone, how cool is that.

Back